SerialManeater
I must admit I have a pretty awesome job. Even though its 1.17 a.m and I just decided to finish working I still think I have it good. Its not their fault that I am most productive so late into the night.

I chugged down 2 cups of iced coffee and a red bull just to get through today. There are four more cans of red bull on my table

My job is very detailed, and I have to constantly check my work to make sure I dont miss anything. Of course sometimes we still do. We still are human after all.

I have managed to go to so many new places this year, hugely contributed by the fact that I have this job. I managed to go to

1) Hong Kong
2) Australia
3) Singapore (for the first time ever!)
4) India
5) Taiwan
6) Indonesia - Bali with the company, how could I forget! and Medan with the Godbrother

and will be heading to
5) Bangkok (never been to Thailand either)
6) Hopefully Vietnam and Laos if my colleague decides to join me

But today over dinner, my friend mentioned to me, he is thinking of buying a stake in a dance school for his wife. As he casually mentioned "why not, she likes dancing, itll keep her happy"

*sigh* I only wish I could have a hubby that wouldnt mind dropping 50K on buying a stake in a dance school just so that I can be happy.

I agreed with him of course, and wondered. If it wasnt for the fact that I like having money, if I did somehow manage to find someone who wanted to take care of me and I never had to worry about working. What would I like to do?

Of course there's shopping. But I love shopping for me using my own money
I like dressing up, but am nowhere near a height enabling me to model for a living
I love dancing but somehow I doubt parents want me to teach their kids how to dance like a slut on a flaming bartop

I could travel the world, but I doubt a hubby would pay for me to do that. After all wouldnt part of the deal be my being right beside him
I could be a buyer for stores but dont have the crazy fashion skills to tell the difference between rayon and cotton

If it came down to it, I thought long and hard, and figured, for now, I would love to be a book critique

Get paid to read and write reviews, have editors grovel at my feet to get me to endorse their books. Be able to work anywhere, anytime

And get to do the one thing that I have loved doing forever - disappearing into a different world with every flicker of a page

ahh... bliss...
For now, am reading 'Half of a yellow sun' and loving it
0 Responses