SerialManeater
I am proud of where I come from.

If most of you, are as I think you are, from my old blog. You may remember me ranting about a particular 'model' in my home country that claims she came from my university. It pissed me off when I first read it in a newspaper article, and its cheesed me off ever since, every time I think about it.

Thing is, and here comes the arrogant part of me.
1) She is claiming to graduate with a degree that is not being offered at my school. Hello! pick a degree that exists you moron
2) Because of that, I think she's a moron
3) Rumours been spreading round recently that the reason why she has been married, divorced and married again before she turned 27 is that she got caught with soon to be second husband while married to first husband. Apparently caught in like the most literal sense
4) Because she got caught I think she's a moron. Not the morally righteous part

Anyways, as most anger of mine doesnt sit very well within me and needed to be vented. I wrote her a message on facebook.

I decided to be very civil, you know PC about it...

and so it reads...

Hi xxx,

You may not remember me, but years ago we used to train together on the rythmic gymnastic squad for the games. In fact, we went to camp Jaya together and if Im not mistaken you were staying with yyy. Perhaps it was too long a time ago.

Anyways, I just wanted to say congratulations on your recent success with writing and all. I have been away for a few years and was surprised to see your book when I came back.

What I also wanted to point out is that I actually studied in the University of my Alma Matter for four years. In all my years there I was the president for our country's student association. I have never come across your name as part of the reported student body nor have I ever come across Graphic Design as a degree offering at my school.

Thus it was with great surprise that I read in recent newspaper and magazine articles the report that you had recently actually graduated with such a degree from my school. Which I am not sure if you are aware, is an extremely serious academic school well known for its Economic courses and Nobel laureates.

I do hope that there is some clarification on your part to the journalists that may have mistakenly reported the wrong school on your behalf. In future, I do hope this matter will be resolved. Otherwise, I do believe it sends a wrong message to the public about my university offerings.

Take care

I thought that was very civil no? Of course on the off chance I am mistaken, I will invariably apologize. Should I not be hearing a response from her, you know I will take it up

*** updated

So she responded

hey there glad to hear from you..
yup they got it wrong i was in the performing art school not the chicago u..was really pissed when tht mistaken happen..had enough with the local journalist etc with making too much mistakes in everything tht they cover or are assign to..

and i did my graphic design in kl..


Ok. I feel better now. Whomever was at fault at least I know this woman would at least pay a bit more attention to it now. And if it happens again. You know I will take it up with the reporters this time
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Who is it? She was a gymnast too?