SerialManeater
Did you know about me? Here? Now?
Did you know that I am back, probably better than I was before.
Did you know that I found someone, single, attentive, caring who wants to give us a chance.
To kindle the flames and not burn out from passion.

Muse.
He reads the kind words, soft words, painful words of what you used to write about me.
See, he doesnt know about me... here..
I am in my sanctuary here. My huntress skills developed, honed.
My seductive ways, vile and disgraceful.

He does not know me. Here.

You though,
You have always lived in my deepest darkest thoughts,
You have always been by my side in the bleak.

The field of daffodils runs wild and free
And for once, I am sitting in the middle basking.

I am a bore when I am not depressed and torn. I know.

Muse.
He is sad sometimes, about the life I have had to live. He wishes sometimes, that I didnt have to had gone through it. Most of it.
I think he likes you most because of that
Because at times, you capture exactly what it is, he is thinking.

I cannot change my past, for him.
It is something we both are living with everyday.
He curbs my enthusiasm about us... so afraid that I will get bored.

He cares about me muse.
And you remind him that he is not alone.

Perhaps I am wrong, and you have long since disappeared into an abyss, moved on to another field. Swam the ocean away.

But your past thoughts keep him company and teach him about the me I used to be. When I was hurt, when I was in pain.

He tells me this. His sadness for my past life.
And I tell him,

When you think of me... Picture me happy. Build joy around me.

At least though my life has not always been, in your thoughts I always will be.

I am sorry muse, that I can be your muse no longer. My angst and despair long abandoned me. My whimsical carefree spirit long gone.
I have turned into an unpoetic heathen, resting peacefully into an ordinary life.

But that is my dream no? Sometimes, to live a life far more ordinary...
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    you were never a bore.
    could never be. that much i know.

    and i am no vulture to ravish on your despair. i was not aware i caused such effect.

    i am sorry.

    ordinary? cliche, you are always meant for something more.

    and picture of joy or happiness?
    i dont need to. that is exactly what you are. and has always been.

    -akuh