SerialManeater
I got asked today. If I was going to get married anytime soon.

Cue deer caught with head lights on

My close friend who is married got asked if she was going to have a child soon. A mother of one was asked if she would have a second anytime soon.

When does this stop? These expectations. These ideas. The roadmap that people have drawn up for u and for the rest of ur life.

Dont get me wrong. I want it. I do. I want the family and the child and the second child. But must it be now? Am I supposed to be reminded that my time is running short? Is this supposed to be the ultimate aim in life?

What happened to the girl before who was single and carefree. What happened to the girl who just enjoyed her life without expectations? Who just wanted to have a good time in the middle of the night and dance dance dance the whole night away.

What happened to the different plans, to conquer the world. Lets just let things be, and when the right time comes, the right time will come. We dont have to force it all
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    society's expectations is about as real as you let it be. we got asked at our WEDDING when the first child was coming! :) as for me, kids are on the list after #1) house (check!) #2) nice car (oh and i suppose a career is somewhere in between).