SerialManeater
Re-cap of the weekend...

Friday : Last day on project. Meeting does not go well. Big bosses ask me to do yet more work that isnt even in our scope. Future looks bleak, but at least Ill be seeing The Boyfriend for a whole day together

Boss schedules all meetings for Wednesday morning. And for some stupid reason I am requested to attend them all. How is this even fair? I am not a super worker. I cannot finish ALL these outstanding items that is not even in scope AND my own stuff.

Evening : Boss 1 informs me that he needs things done that night. I push back and tell him to wait until the next day since I only have one day with The Boyfriend before he leaves for Middle East for a month.

Boss asks me to get it done anyways. Says there isnt a lot

1.30 a.m. The Boyfriend is fast asleep, I had managed to finish the work and sent it in.

Saturday : I finally make it back to my home country late at night and unpack. Basking in the thoughts of a few days to myself

Sunday : meet up with old friends for lunch. Receive call from Boss 1 during lunch. Asking me to work the weekend. Insists that Biggest Bosses #1 and 2 have requested changes to all the documents. Since I do not celebrate Chinese New Year I have been requested to handle all this work. After all it wouldnt be fair to everyone else who is celebrating... right? blardy hell...

Evening. Thoughts of covering

Revision of documents that I do not own, nor do I even really understand content
All my work that is not in scope but because my company cant bring itself to ever say NO to a client I end up doing.
All my ACTUAL work that Im supposed to finish up but couldnt because I had to cover all this other things.

Guess just because I dont celebrate CNY im not considered a human being. Just a grunt to do all this bullshit work that will never be looked at anyways
1 Response
  1. Miss C Says:

    i think you deserve a nice pair of shoes to make you feel better ... :)