SerialManeater
I guess its been a while since I bitched about work. But yes, things were good for the past 4 months or so (work-wise). I had been working together with The Boyfriend (was certainly not one of the best ideas), but had been working in my home country with amazing (almost normal!) hours of going back at 6:30-7:00 p.m. every day. I knew then that this was an anomaly. That this was the best kind of project Ive had in my 3.5 some years working in this industry.

No rose tinted glasses here baby

But I also knew, it was a sweet dream I was going to wake up from. I knew it was going to be back to working long late hours, feeling insecure and inferior and just hating life in general.

And it is.

The difficulty of having The Boyfriend leave the industry is that I dont think he sees things the way things used to be anymore. I think in general, people who are not in this industry cannot truly understand or emphatize. Questions keep on coming "Why do this?"

Which is what Ive asked myself in the past year or so

"Why keep on doing this?"

Honestly, I am SO tempted to just quit and bum around for three months or so. After all, I have the savings to be able to do it. So why not?

Well, I do want to have something else firm in mind before I decide to just quit cold turkey. Im still risk averse that way

But yeah, I think Im going to just tell my new employers (once I can find one) that I want to take off for 3 months or so before starting work again.

What do I do in 3 months? Honestly I have no idea. But perhaps thats the best idea of all =)
1 Response
  1. The Girl Says:

    Beach. Mmmmm..... Warm sun, soft white sand, cool turquoise waters. Drinks with little umbrellas. I think you and I should take a beach holiday and just do zip, bupkis, and nada.