SerialManeater
How do you cage a bird without breaking its soul


The Boyfriend left. Flew far and away to try out a different life in a different city in a different country. We never talked about it, but I know, part of this different life that he needs involves a different me, or a life without me, temporarily.

Isnt it funny sometimes, that you would need space from the one you want to be with? Isnt it funny sometimes how you need to get away to somewhere else just to redefine who you are? to find yourself again? that you would rather not plan to see the other person again. Maybe not when? maybe not if?

Who am I? What have I become?

I am the incessant breath at his neck. The shadow lurking behind him. I am his ball and chain.

So it is time for him to leave, and with it, no ideas of when we will see each other next. "Sometime" he says. "Sometime" I whisper.

No tears this time. No sadness at his departure. Perhaps it was a long time coming, seeing, knowing that he needs to get away from me yet again. The difference this time though, I shall no longer chase, I shall no longer want. He will turn around and see that I am not running behind him, tugging at his shirtsleeves.

He can run, and soar and be the great big bird with its wings flapping free. I am no longer his chain, his link. I am no longer his shadow lurking in the dark.

I no longer wait, and hope, and see. I am letting life be. If he wants me, he knows where to find me.

"It is written"

Let the phoenix rise. Let it fly. Let it breathe the fresh air from above. Let my daffodil roots embed itself deep deep deep into the ground so that I may not soar after him. Fly after him. Chase after him.

How do you cage a bird without breaking its soul?


By becoming its sky...
2 Responses
  1. The Girl Says:

    Can you hang out with me now? =D


  2. Anonymous Says:

    what kind of relationship is this.
    i love you but i dont want you.
    i do but periodically.
    i thought i love you but clearly i love myself more because i rather make you sad by flying free.
    i need to redefine me. and apparently it doesnt involve you being happy.

    i must be krazy.
    not to miss you baby.