SerialManeater
You know whats difficult? Fielding questions from people when you ask yourself the same questions, when you yourself dont have the answer

Q : So, where is The Boyfriend?
Me : Oh, he left already. Last Friday.

Q: How are things there?
Me : He's good, settled down already

Q : What is he doing again
Me : (goes into long description of what new job The Boyfriend is doing)

Q : When is he coming back
Me : Six months

Q : When are u going over for a visit?
Me : I dont know, I guess at some point, maybe when he's settled down or something

Q : When is he coming back for a visit?
Me : I have no idea

Q : When are you guys going to see each other next?
Me : I dont know

Q : He's leaving the firm isnt he?
Me : No, just a six months leave of absence

Q : So whats going to happen to the both of you?
Me : I dont know, just like now?

Q : Havent you guys talked about things?
Me : No... he's only gone for six months

Q : But, you should talk about things right? Like what's this going to mean for the both of you? He's going to bring you over there at some point right? You guys have talked about getting married right?
Me : hahah, dont know, why dont you ask him?
Q : You know I cant ask him this question

Q : You guys dont talk about getting married?
Me : hahahaha were so young. There's still time. After all, men... they dont think about these things, and probably wont until much later. He's not in that age group yet

Q : You guys should seriously talk about things, where things are going to go

Q : Why didnt you leave and go with him?
Me : I wasnt invited


(Yes, I am quoting you an almost verbatim conversation someone had with me. Not the only one Ive had to field)

Another conversation that I had

Q : How is he doing
Me : Good I guess

Q : What's he been doing
Me : I dont really know what he's been up to. I havent spoken to him in a while
(silent stare of ' I cant believe you dont talk to each other every day')

Conversations that I will have from now on

Q : How's The Boyfriend doing
Me : Good

Q : What has he been up to?
Me : Stuff, I guess

Q : So, are you going to go over and visit him? / when is he coming back? / are you guys talking about getting married / did you guys talk about where your relationship is going / are you guys getting serious? / are you going to move there with him?
Me : For more answers please field all questions to "theboyfriend@email.com

Thank you.

What do you think? does that sound too cold?
2 Responses
  1. The Girl Says:

    Hahahaha no I think your answers are perfectly normal. People have expectations of what your relationship should be like, which is why they ask you these questions and tell you you should be having this this or that that conversation with him. But you and him are the only two people who know best what conversation to have when.

    Me love you. HUGS.


  2. rockstar Says:

    sometimes we find the weight
    on the shoulder is almost unbearable. mostly because we underestimated our own strength. let those curious eyes wonder. they do not realise that such courage is almost impossible to conjure. hence, they focused on the burdens instead of your willpower.

    let it be.
    you will be fine.