SerialManeater
Do you remember the story I told you about the backstabbing colleague.
Wait, it gets even better...

I knew his girlfriend from last year, back when they first got together and he was trying to show her off to me. At the annual dinner party, The Best Friend told me that she knew her. We were surprised really when they got together. This beautiful young thing, and him.

He loved her, or so he claims. Told me within the first month of them dating that she was the one, that he wanted to marry her. I laughed. And told him then, that I would kill him if he got married before I did. That boy of 20.

A month ago, he broke up with his girlfriend and dated the girl who travelled with me earlier this year. She too, broke up with her boyfriend of 3 years. Them getting together was another shocker especially to us in the company. They were both in the company you see.

The Boyfriend and I had decided to lay low, it is nobody in the company's business that we are dating each other. They, on the other hand went the exact opposite way. They told everyone. Even asked the coffee auntie to guess who he was dating. They put it all over facebook. They spent time at work being together.

I felt bad for the ex-girlfriend who had to face the constant barrage of photos of the two of them together.

Last weekend they got engaged. A boy of 21 and a girl of 23. After three weeks of dating. Again, they announced it all over facebook. People in the company got wind of it, and blew it all over the SEA. People were shocked mostly. At the rash indecision of youth. Perhaps love, they said. Perhaps she is pregnant. People asked if their parents knew. People asked what kind of mother did she have to allow such a thing.

I couldnt be happy for them. No matter what. I like the girl, she is what I would have called friend. But I was so incredibly disappointed in her actions. As were many in the company. It was in my face constantly at work, what with the affectionate ways they talked to each other over lunch.

The Boyfriend asked me, why was I so caught up. Let them make the mistake he said. Let them learn on their own.

It hurt me, to be reminded of a girl of 16 who was so in love with her boyfriend she would have done anything to be with him forever. And I told The Boyfriend that, with our heads next to each other in the middle of the night.

But I realized today. Essentially why I couldnt be happy for them. Because I hate him. I just think he is a horrible horrible person for what he did to me. And maybe, because of that I can never forgive him. I do not think people like him deserve happiness. I do not think people like him can fall in love except with themselves.

He does not deserve it. He does not deserve a 'happily ever after'

Perhaps my heart is so small that it cannot forgive. But I was happier with myself when I realized why I was so against it. Happier with myself when I understood that I cannot be happy for a person on whom I only wish bad things to happen. To redeem what he did to me.

I guess the world is filled with those, the people wronged, the people who have wronged others.

And I guess the world cannot always be fair in my favor sometimes
2 Responses
  1. Parishna Says:

    I don't think he deserves a happy ending either.
    But you know what, in most cases, the people who don't usually deserve happy endings get them.
    The people who deserve happy endings have to work hard for them.
    And so it goes


  2. Anonymous Says:

    It's just one of those things; even the worst of the people eventually finds someone who will love them. Hitler had a wife, didn't he? But remember what the Dalai Lama said: everyone is ultimately seeking happiness, no matter what their actions might be. As for them, she's probably preggers. And getting married isn't the ending; it's the beginning. :)