SerialManeater
It is easy to want Independence, to crave Independence.
It is not so easy to handle Independence.

The road to truly being Independent is rocky, scruffy, often lonely. But once you get past the hurdles and the sharp falls and the deep bends, then you know you have made it. You realize your survival instincts are honed and sharp.

It means being left along in the dirt, hungry, poor, depressed and starved. It means not remembering if anyone loved you or cared for you or even wanted to be with you. It puts you on a path of self- discovery to truly understand who you are. To know your limitations, to live within the means you have set yourself.

I think sometimes people have very different misconceptions of Independence. You cannot claim to be one but be dependent on others. It goes against the very grain of your core.

Maybe thats just me, but when did I truly realize I was independent? When Ive gone through depression, hunger, intense material jealousy and utter cynicism of the world we live in. It was countless hours crying, trying to figure things out, trying to dig myself out of the mess I had fallen into. When it was me, myself and I, trying to solve the problems that I had created.

Maybe some ppl are luckier than me, and they dont need to fall so low to realize how far theyve come. But one cannot be independent and still demand from others. Thats not independence, thats just denial
0 Responses