SerialManeater
Apparently 'tis the season to be married. Or perhaps Ive just reached that age where everyone surrounding me has decided to settle down.

Just came back from the wedding in that country down under. Paul Smith's best friend got married to her Luke Skywalker. Im serious, they had Luke and Princess Leia on their wedding cake. If thats not love, then I dont know what it is. She showed me her engagement ring. It was like a solar system landed on her finger and erupted in one big dazzling ball of DIAMOND. ~1.4-1.5 is my guess. That brilliant.

So I travelled the five hours journey to see them wed, because to be honest, she was wonderful to me throughout my fiasco with Paul. Whilst Paul treated me like crap in London, she was the one who took me out, pulled me aside, gossiped with me about Paul's ex-girlfriends. You see, Paul's housemate was the groom that night. So, after our sojourn together in London, how could I not be at the wedding? especially also considering I had been tactfully cut out of all our London pictures which were shown at the wedding reception (I think Paul was a little ashamed of the fact that I was there with him or something)

Leia as I shall call her (I think its quite appropriate) also took good care of me when I traveled down to her country earlier this year. Even though I helped nudge Paul out of his old job and into his new one, he barely had time to meet up, and it was Leia who brought me out, who took me for lunches whilst gossiping with me and letting me know that she didnt like the new girlfriend, that I was the only decent girl Paul had ever dated.

Seriously, how could I not go for her wedding?

The point of the story is not about me, or me and Paul. The point is that these two people that I had known beforehand decided to promise their lives to each other, and I was fortunate enough to be there when they did it. Privileged to be offered this little glimpse.

Tomorrow I have been invited to become one of the 'sisters' at my colleagues wedding. I have gotten close to the bride over the year and when it came to choosing sides, I decided it would have been more fun to be taunting the groom then helping him. Also, as a true judge of great character, they have decided to put moi in charge of the afterparty. =)

To my ol' capitane. A giant congrats on what apparently had been a one year engagement. Man I always feel like Im the last one to know this stuff

And I ended up sitting next to two couples who were about to wed next year. One of which thought I was 26 because of my job title (now I dont know whether to be offended or proud)

People are starting to settle down. Some so lucky that they have met the loves of their lives so early on.

As for me, my salacious taboo would have been the best choice. Parts of me love him. But I know, that huge parts of me, love the idea of loving him more. He makes me laugh more than anything else. Reminds me to take life less seriously. I do not expect to be loved by him at all. But just the same, its nice to care like this again.

He is leaving me for good come Sunday. Men whom I could spend the rest of my lives with seem to have a tendency to do that. Just pick up and leave. But there is nothing at all left that I could do.


If he wants me, he would fight for me. But I know that this is not what we both want.

Tomorrow though, I would settle for a big hug, endless well of kisses and the lie of love that I sleep next to.

Though I am looking for what the groom's brother mentioned at the wedding

"He told me 'I think Ive found the woman I want to grow old with.. the woman I want to wake up every morning next too...' "
0 Responses