SerialManeater
She is leaning against the wall, her right wrist gently resting in the nook of her left elbow. Delicately a cigarette dangles by the edges of her fingers as the smoke frames her wispy hair. She is clad in a long tight silvery dress. Her height magnified by her high stilletos, her left knee peeking out from the slit in the side of her dress.

He is watching her from the car. Trapped in a cage of steel and glass of his own making. He thinks of her. Thought of her. Wants her. His hands grip the steering wheel of his car. He used to make fun of the threads of hair she left in the car. He had to clean it all up before his girlfriend came home.

She doesnt see him. Languid, catlike, she flicks her cigarette. Precisely crushes the butt with her heels. She stays. Still leaning against the wall. Staring out into the night.

His girlfriend is inside the building. She walks out, brushes past his Sephia. They look at each other a quick smile, a quick apology. She walks back to the car. Opens the door, steps in.

For an eternal second they lock eyes. Sephia Sephia Sephia.
She is surprised. Unexpecting. The black smoky eyes boring into his.

Sayang, what are you waiting for, let's go

He hesitates. Tears his eyes away. His heart is pounding. He puts the car in gear, drives away.

Sephia, you are better off without me, but I still dream of our nights together when I kissed you delicately by the base of your neck as I held you captive against the bed...I think of us standing out staring into the dark cold abyss and wrapping my arms around your waist... I think of us back when I didnt think of her, when for an instance in a lifetime all that was left was you and me.


0 Responses