SerialManeater
Ive been going through the paces now, one step at a time now. And lists lists lists! keeps popping in my head reminding me of my place in time in history. I must not lie. I will say that I am enjoying my leave of absence. I have a purpose daily : Be with dad in hospital, and study for GMATs. Whatever remainder of time I have, I get to spend on other fun wholesome activities!

Ive
1. Checked out a flea market
2. Gone to a ballet (sorta)
3. Seen Barbies exhibition/ or challenges of age
4. Walked by floating kites in the park
5. Checked out Harpers Bazaars photo exhibition
6. Had dinner with friends in new restaurants like Bar Italia...

I will
1. Go for my first comedy night (attending not participating)
2. Check out the dragonboat festival
3. See 2 new art exhibitions (in 2 separate locations)
4. Watch percussions concert
5. Debating signing up for a book club discussion on One Fifth Avenue (what?! this would be my first foray into the deep book discussion world on chick lit. Time to put to good use my philosophical developments honed through my creative writing course in college... plus theres a Marie Claire goodie bag at stake)
6. Japanese film festival
7. Independent films being shown for free!
8. And of course... my kryptonite... trying to sign up for 3 10km runs. The standard chartered one (if I can get the blardy ppl to let me sign in), the Siemens run, and the Shape night run! in Putrajaya! Should be real pretty, and at least quite unique. Im hoping by signing up for these things and putting money down I would be really motivated to actually go running.

So far, having no salary has been somewhat... liberating. surprised? I know I am. But I try other options for dining, even (aghast!) cooking!. I dont buy things simply because I want it. More on the premise of needing it. And Miss C who has been quite a constant companion with me is helping me out quite a lot by reminding me constantly that I have no money. hahahahaha

And then of course! the postcard keeps on coming from my old library manager who has promised himself a new country every year! he has reached 54 (though his age is likely to be 45) hahaha sorry Dan. And then, I was like... ooo! What do I have!
1. Malaysia
2. Uzbekistan (dont ask)
3. Canada
4. USA
5. Venezuela
6. France
7. Italy
8. Switzerland
9. Japan
10. Singapore (counts!)
11. Indonesia
12. Thailand
13. Vietnam
14. Laos
15. Cambodia
16. Hong Kong
17. Taiwan
18. India
19. Australia
20. Spain
21. UAE
22. UK
and hopefully by end of year 23. Egypt! With The Wolf!!

see how my lists gives me things to look forward to?

but of course
12 days till I start work again
11 days till I take the exam?
3 days before I register to take the exam? hahaha
and 1 day before visiting the Museum of Islamic Arts with Miss C!

I must say... I am starting to truly appreciate this lifestyle. Reminds me how life and work should work out...

Of course, would be nice to have a purpose and a salary to go with this as well. hahaha
1 Response
  1. chiiwey Says:

    sahar salfetti davai denggi, pashley pashley, davai denggi
    vinagrad kakao, chai chai davai denggi!!