SerialManeater
What has become of her? she wonders. What has become of the young girl so bent on making her path in the world on her own. What became of her?

What has become of her? she wonders. What has become of the person who fiercely loves those near and dear to her. What became of her?

What has become of her? she wonders. The free spirit that used to roam and flow with creativity, who wanted to tell stories of the world. What became of her?

What has become of me? The face in the mirror I no longer recognize. My sleepless nights haunted by past mistakes now faced. When did I take this turn into destroying my soul. Where was that line that I crossed... where once I would never wish for anything bad to happen to someone close to me, now is the reason for me to seek solace from the world.

I dont know what happened. Did greed and ambition take the best of me. Did I become one of those people who would bulldoze my way to the front, not caring if I am using other people as my footstool. Did I become one of those rich snobs that scoff at everything else, expectation levels high above anything else.

I hope that mirror's cracked. That that reflection isnt mine.

Long gone are days when my conscience was kept locked away. It is finally free now, and I am riding waves and waves and waves of my past behavior. I am worried now, of karma coming back for me. Remembering now, that not everyone deserves happiness, and truly not one such as I.

I am reminding myself now, that there are wishes I simply should not make. That that Higher Power up there, could be trying to teach me a lesson. Every corner I turn, I wait.

That reflection in that mirror. Its not pretty. Im not pretty.

What happened to that straight lace honorable loyal arrow I used to be.
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    dont know what happened.
    but sure miss her lots..

    then again,
    even monsters deserve compassion.
    when one sees beyond the cracks of their reflection.

    angels..