SerialManeater



I almost missed my flight. Was enjoying the half an hour massage so much I didnt realize the man had perked me up and given me a 45 minute massage instead. I was the last one on the plane with the attendants considering kicking me off. I sat and almost cried when I thought I almost missed the flight.

I had been looking forward to this for so long. Meeting The Boyfriend in a land with indescribable melodious language. The sun and the heat and the sand. The quietness of nothing in the middle of nowhere.

We came back to the hotel in the middle of the night and slowly unwrapped each other. Tentative, getting to know one another once again. It has been too long since the last time. I am caught in between, not really knowing what to do and remembering his neck. His chest. His arms wrapped around me.

We went out the next day. Drove into the middle of the sand dunes. Stopped at a camel hunting ground, their smell musking the air. We climbed dunes, all the way to the top. The sand surrounding my feet hot, so hot I have to half run and half jump my way down the dunes. I hold on to him, hug him in this middle of nowhere. He patted my legs as we went dune bashing in our 4 by 4. Gritting my teeth and holding on to the bars so hard I forget to have motion sickness when the fear is so strong in my stomach.

We climb higher dunes and the sun starts to set cascading golden beams around us. Sand sand sand everywhere as we watch the wind blow shapes against shapes. Form ridges on untouched sand. Everything is renewed here and we leave no footprints behind.

We get to out campsite and he runs up the dunes with a board. Thrilling he surfs down the meters high dunes and ends up falling, rolling, laughing.

I capture his laugh, his moments. Inscribed the way I feel when he holds me close and we watch the shifting dunes. Memories in my heart.

We have a hearty meal of meat and more meat as we sit around and make friends with Germans, one of whom happily pulls his shirt up to join the belly dancer on stage. She is swaying in an outfit that leaves nothing to the imagination and The Boyfriend nuzzles me from behind shying his eyes away.

He keeps his hands around me as we smoke shisha late into the night. The campsite shutting down its lights and for time, we enjoy the starlight night in the middle of nowhere.

I am happy here, peaceful here. A feeling I had been searching for a while now. But I remember how it was, to be in his arms. I romanced the desert, the sun, the wind... the stars the moonlight sunlight. I romanced him.. and us. And gazing at him with the stars halo, I remember all the reasons why, I love him....
2 Responses
  1. Parishna Says:

    Wow, that's beautiful...
    i suppose good things come to people who wait, and glad you enjoyed yourself!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    your writing is simply brilliant and radiantly deep.

    kudos, kudos