SerialManeater
Last weekend I was vegetating around and thinking about things to do when the realization sinks in. Where are all my girl friends? One was off traipsing Hong Kong with my other friend who lives there. One was off moving from Jakarta to Bangkok. One was living it up in London... or Amsterdam... or Brussels (Where were you Wolf?) and one was ... well actually I dont actually know which country she's in now.

So, very few re: One married female friend was left in my country, my city. Its pretty tough because there's only so much clothes and style and tv shows that I can talk with with The Boyfriend. I want to dress up and go and have 'high tea' (snooty English)I want to dress up and walk around and shop around with girls. I want to go for pedicures and manicures and do our hair together.

I wanna do girly stuff too damnit! Not that I dont love being with The Boyfriend (shout out! I love being with you) I do miss being a little princessy sometimes. And a lot of the times, there are just things I want to do that can only be done with girls.

*sigh* this is what happens when you let your social life kind off die around you. Somehow the boys stick around. (I actually have tons of male friends). Go figure.

On another note. I was watching The Oprah Show with my mom and there was a very interesting coverage on the Republic of Mauritania. Essentially the women are considered more attractive the bigger they are. To a point where they are force feeding the girls with camel milk (force feeding has now been banned recently) They also prize women who are divorced, and have cellulite!! and the men need to be slim to be considered attractive. Isnt it crazy how we could have such different ideas on beauty around the world? So if your big, have cellulite and divorced, you would be pretty much prime meat in the Republic.

Well, back to the original question... so where are my female friends.... I think I need to find more of them...
2 Responses
  1. silverwolf Says:

    kicking back with a glass of shiraz, this week has been a sob. too much work, too little time to play. I miss you too but we'll be hanging out together soon. *big hugs*

    PS: was in Copenhagen a couple weekends ago. danish men are Hot!


  2. The Girl Says:

    I'm here! I'm here! But my paycheque hasn't come in. And I'm helping my dad out on weekends...But yea I totally loved getting a little pampering (french manicure and foot reflexology) while in HK, then going off to have lunch and people watch. It's nice to (pretend to) be a tai-tai!