SerialManeater

An ex colleague of mine put up some pictures of her recent trip to Venice. It brought back a lot of colorful memories for me. After all that was what Venice had. Color. Lots and lots and lots of color.

But it also reminded me of a really good survival story.

I went to Venice as a student with a very good friend of mine, lets just call her Bicycle (dont ask me, insiders joke). So anyway, the Bicycle and I had been studying in Paris at that time and we decided, hey ! lets go travel to Venice.

I remember the journey there, being on the train, looking out the window and seeing water. Its surreal enough to feel as though youre passing right through the ocean, but suddenly seeing buildings pop out from the water... even more incredible

We were staying at a youth hostel, which turned out to be an apartment with 4 beds that we shared with other people. We had to scout like crazy for the owner just to get into the apartment! The main area of Venice (you know, the one with the famous Rialto Bridge) is mainly for tourists. Im serious, you cant really find locals on this side. If you want to see the locals, and see the famed Murano glass, youre gonna have to leave your comfort zone.

Venice had cups of coffee at about 3-4 Euros... I wanted to die.

But the great thing about Venice? Yeap, that survival story about Venice?

They had LARGE pizza slices going for about one to one fifty Euro... EACH.

Now, thats a meal right there.

So if you wanna survive Venice and their super expensive tourist exclusive prices, just walk around a bit (I found some good ones close to the bus station) and look around for those cheap and delicious single slices of pizza that would fill you up for a few hours.

And if you want dessert! Gelato's were going for about one Euro each too. I know because I had mine first thing in the morning in a market, and a man walked by to comment how much I looked like I was enjoying my gelato

Enjoy yours too!
0 Responses