SerialManeater
It's been a pretty chill birthday. Yesterday I arrived in the office and e-mailed The Boyfriend to let him know that it was a gloomy gloomy (weather wise) seriously gloomy day hear. He emails back and lets me know that it might cheer up in a bit

About an hour later I get a bouquet of roses from him. I was surprised and thought he had botched up the birthday date when I saw the card and saw the Happy Birthday on it. Then right at the bottom he had written P/s: I know its not your birthday, but wanted to make sure you could bring this back home. hahaha, how practical.

We had a semi fight last week I guess, when I ranted and wrote that angry post here. And somehow in between I had mentioned that when we started dating that much earlier on in the year, he promised me that I wont throw a pity party for my birthday this year. You see, up to maybe last year or the year before last or so, I used to celebrate it alone. At 21, it was a landmark birthday and I thought it would be even better to step up and do it alone. So I flew on my birthday, on the 22nd, I flew as well. And in the spirits of keeping with tradition, tonight I will fly again.

I guess he realized that I had looked forward to spending this birthday with him from the moment he told me I wasnt going to celebrate it alone this year. And somehow, meeting him at the airport terminal in between him coming back and my leaving was not what I had envisioned.

So he spoke to his boss, and said that today was non-negotiable. That he needed to be back in this country. I dont know if he told him why, I dont know if he sold his soul for the weekend in exchange. All I know is, somehow, he managed to secure time for us to be together.

He promises me surprises today. At 6p.m. sharp, I am to receive instructions. I am excited and cant wait. More than that all, I cant even describe how good it feels to have him want to do this for me.

At the stroke of midnight as the magical fireworks dance away, and I leave my prince. As my pumpkin carriage turns into an A380 and my mice horsemen turn into pilots. I leave him behind, and head to the dances, and the life of Spain.

Ill see you in two weeks!
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    where are you???????????????????????????????