SerialManeater
Its been a whirlwind two weeks, barely sleeping, angry with so many people, behind work as always. Sleeping at 2 am every night, getting up early for work work work and meetings meetings meetings. Where everything is so gosh darn fucking important that we cant push back and end up making questionable end analysis while on a flight to Bangkok.

I did not even get to enjoy the weekend in Bangkok ending up working during training, after training.

I came back sloshed on a Friday night, finally with one night of freedom to get drunk and bitch and de-stress. Then I came back at 3 am and worked drunk. Wrote meeting minutes, sent out decks.

The meeting that went all day Saturday (and was the reason I had to come back) went well. You could see all of us with eyebags under our eyes, so tired when the Principle told us jokingly that we generously could take the rest of the weekend off.

I booked an emergency massage at my masseuse. Finally kneaded out the stress.

I fell asleep sometime while waiting to meet up with The Writer, then I fell asleep for a good 10 hours.

I woke up today much fresher (though i still have bags under my eyes), ran my errands, cleaned my room, unpacked. Finished so many things that had been waiting for me, like finally responding to e-mails and facebook messages. Like getting my accounts back on track. Like getting my hair done.

It feels good. And for the first time in a month, I spent the weekend without any emails from anyone on my team.

I think all of us needed a break... and tomorrow the rat race starts all over again..
0 Responses